London: Young Syrians travel to country to support protest

London: Young Syrians travel to country to support protest



Via the BBC:
As the violence and unrest in Syria continues a number of young Syrians raised in London are travelling to the country - and risking their lives - to support the protest movement aiming to topple the regime of President Assad.

'Mohammad' is in his early twenties and lives in west London. He is closely involved with activists both here in the capital and in the Middle East. But he is frustrated at being unable to do more.

"For me living in London, not knowing Syria and never having been there I never thought of going back to my country, but just seeing all the bloodshed whilst sitting here in London not doing anything, I feel like I'm useless," he said.

"I have to sacrifice whatever I can to help this revolution succeed."

(source)